(Oh look, there’s me, wondering where NC State’s shooting went today!)
I’m not even mad. I’m just…a little bit befuddled.
#23 NC State lost to #12 Virginia Tech this afternoon, 47-24.
Now, if this had been the final score of a college football game, in the late-90s, against a Michael Vick-led Virginia Tech team, I wouldn’t be surprised at all.
But it was a basketball game.
24 points in 40 minutes? Wow…just…wow.
The Wolfpack shot 16.7% from the field, and a cover-your-eyes-Ma 7.1% from behind the arc.
Talk about a tough day at the office.
Speaking of The Office, I’m pretty sure Dwight Schrute scored more buckets in the Basketball episode from Season 1 than Braxton Beverly scored in this entire game.
I have theories, though, as to why State played so poorly today.
1. Someone started a rumor that Kevin Keatts owns a MAGA hat.
2. Someone pulled the fire alarm in the State players’ dorm at 3 a.m. this morning.
3. I was wearing my New Thailand t-shirt instead of my Go Wolfpack shirt (it was still in the dryer. I’m not making THAT mistake again!)
4. Someone sprayed Pam all over the basketball.
5. Virginia Tech coach Buzz Williams was colluding with Russia.
6. Virginia Tech coach Buzz Williams is a Sith Lord.
Nah. The only reason State lost this game was because they simply could. Not. Make. A. Basket.
That’s why I’m not mad. State hasn’t scored so few points in a game in decades. Some days the shots just don’t fall.
It would have been nice if this had happened at a game that my brother and I DIDN’T have tickets for.
But, alas, it happens. Rarely, but it happens.
The best thing State can do is wipe this one from the memory bank and get ready for their next game.
Against North Carolina.
In Chapel Hill.
Still love my Wolfpack!